Understanding God’s Plan of Salvation -
1. According to the Bible, We all Answer to God. He makes the rules. He is a Spirit.
That’s why you can’t see him. He is everywhere at the same time. The Creator of all
things. He has infinite power. He holds everything together. Without him matter would
not exist. He knows everything, even the future. He has infinite wisdom. He is not
limited by time or space. He has always been and always will be. He is completely
“Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein.” Isaiah 42.5
2. According to the Bible, God is Holy and Sinless. He has never done wrong and never will. He is absolute perfection in every way. God abhors all wrong doing and transgression against His law. He despises all that would destroy good, love, joy, peace and order. The Bible says He is glorious in holiness. God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. He is pure and clean. We are unholy and sinful, and therefore are at odds with God, whether we realize it or not. Our sin makes him sick. He is righteously angry with the wicked every day. Every sin is wicked in the eyes of God.
“But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” Isaiah 59.2
3. According to the Bible, We can do nothing to Save ourselves. We are compared in
holy scripture to being like sheep, who are lost and in a hopeless condition, except
for a miracle. We can never be good enough, because we just keep sinning. Even a
bad thought, prideful thought, selfish thought, or bitter thought is sinful. Religion
can’t help fix the problem. It can only ease your conscience a little, at best. You
can clean up your life, not do any of those really “bad sins”, but the end result
is still the same -
“All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way.” Isaiah 53.6
4. According to the Bible, God can Save you. God’s plan of salvation and offer of pardon for all mankind, set in motion thousands of years ago, still stands. The ultimate sacrifice and satisfaction of God’s justice has been made. Jesus Christ, God’s Son, the second person of the Godhead became a man and took all the sins of mankind past, present and future upon himself and shed his precious, sinless blood for the remission of our sins, so we might be reconciled to God. Its sort of like, if you were on death row, and someone loved you in spite of your criminal offense and took your death penalty so you could go free. The Bible says we are born in sin, condemned already, guilty before God. But Christ took our penalty so we don’t have to suffer God’s just and righteous judgment. In the Bible, God has a jail or penitentiary. His is called Hell, and its no joking matter. When you commit a crime against society, you might get 20 or 30 years in the slammer, maybe life. When you sin against the Holy, Perfect, Almighty, Infinite God of the Universe, you get infinite punishment. Serious stuff! In the New Testament, the book of Hebrews gives a stern warning when it says, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. What a blessing to know we don’t have to pay for our sins. God has made a way of escape. Whosoever will may come.
“Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.” Isaiah 45.22
5. According to the Bible, God expects you to Call on him. No one can do it for you.
God knows who the Elect are, who will be saved and who will not, but forces himself
on no one. He loves all people the same. He is no respecter of persons and wants
all to be saved, but it all comes down to a choice. Will you choose him? When the
Spirit of God is drawing you to himself, you’ll know it, and that’s the time to choose
him. You don’t know if you’ll have another opportunity. Yield to him as your Lord
and Master and call on him to be saved. With God, its all or nothing! Either He’s
Lord of all, or not Lord at all. As you respond to him he will work in you the grace
of repentance (turning from your sin) and faith (belief with complete trust). For
as the book of Ephesians says, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that
not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
All you do is yield to the Spirit of God, and he’ll do the rest. When you call upon
him to be saved, its not so much the words that are important, as it is how real
you are being from the heart. Christ spoke of a publican man who only said 7 words
to be saved -
“Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the
wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return
unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly
pardon.” Isaiah 55.6-
If you have understood the 5 Steps of God’s Plan of Salvation and have called on him to be Saved, please let us know so we can rejoice with you and help you in your new life as a Christian.
We can give you a tried and true King James Bible with study materials. We can help you with baptism by immersion, the first step for a new believer. We can also help recommend a good church where you can grow spiritually and be a blessing to others. If there is anything we can do to be a help, please let us know. That’s why we are here.
6. According to the Bible, God commands us to Tell others the Good News. So many can and would be saved, if only they could hear and understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It’s not just for a select few, it’s for everyone. The problem lies with not enough telling going on. If there was more witness and preaching in the Holy Ghost, there would be more conviction of the Spirit of God and consequently more conversions. The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few. How shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. What a wonderful thought, all of Cornwall can be saved! all of Canada can be saved! There is hope for the whole World through Christ! We have been commissioned by our Lord. We are ambassadors for Christ. His representatives here on earth. It is the most honourable thing we can do with our lives. To spend our days in the service of the King, telling the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ our Lord.
“How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!” Isaiah 52.7